Friday 27 January 2012

Amazing Ball Boy Catch




When Dylan Colaci was handed the chance of an official role at the Australian Open he wasn't expecting to be centre stage for his cricket skills during the biggest tennis match of the year so far.
But the 14 year-old's eagle eyed catch during the semi-final showdown between Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer momentarily overshadowed the star attractions on the Rod Laver Arena.
His speedy reaction to snaffle a stray ball with an outstretched hand drew rapturous applause from the crowd. It even prompted the commentator to compare him to Australia's prolific slip fielder Ricky Ponting.
Now the video footage of his superior skills have caught the eye of online admirers with nearly 800,000 views on YouTube.
Speaking after the match, the teenager said he reacted instinctively when Federer casually disposed of a ball after a fault on his first serve.
''I didn't have much time to think about it. I just stuck my hand out and the ball just stayed there. I couldn't believe it myself but then I just had to get straight on with the match.
''As soon as I got off court everybody was talking about it. My parents texted me and it was on Facebook.''
But Aussie cricket fans who think they might have spotted the next Ponting could be left disappointed after Dylan confessed that while he had previously played club cricket he'd recently turned his attention to football.

No comments:

Post a Comment